It’s Taco Tuesday! And you know what that means: tacos galore!
Taco Tuesday history goes back to August 1973, when the phrase was used for the first time, in the Rapid City journal in South Dakota.
It can be challenging to pinpoint exactly, when in history the food that we know & love today came to be; so we won’t play Sherlock Holmes and will just be happy that, somehow, someone put the delicious tacos in this world.
Fun facts about tacos:
- tacos al pastor are one of the most popular tacos in Mexico.
- Norway, has its version of Taco Tuesday but on Fridays.
- National taco day is October 4th in the U.S.A.
- “tacos day” in France is July 31st.
- National taco day in Mexico is March 31st.
We all know that we don’t have to wait for Taco Tuesday to indulge in some tasty tacos, any day of the week can be taco day; a great variety of delectable tacos is guaranteed when you’re touring with us throughout the beautiful Baja peninsula.
All this taco talk is making me hungry, so I’m off to celebrate Taco Tuesday!